Saturday, September 10, 2011

More Years than the Fingers on One Hand

This is a song for my sons for when they understand it:
You know how life is full, you know we couldn't plan it.
Your dad and I prayed for strength and understanding
for things we couldn't see or comprehend.


This is a song for you, to carry in your pocket:
take all our love with you in all the paths you walk in.
I can't say your life will always go like it should,
but I can say that God is always good.

And when the cold wind blows, like I know it will,
and when you feel alone, like I know you will,
and when the cold wind blows, like we know it will,

Don't let your love grow cold.

~ Sara Groves, Song for My Sons





Happy Birthday, my six-year-old.  
You are more years than the fingers on one hand.
I love you, my 
laughing, 
smiling, 
thinking, 
careful, 
insightful, 
loud as a train,
gentle as a breath,
hug of a boy.




Show me what six looks like, Tuck.  
It looks great on you.

4 comments:

Patty Kline said...

Wow, six! Happy Birthday, Tucker! You do wear it well.

Janeen said...

Happy Birthday, Tuck! May 6 be a great year!

Anonymous said...

Tricia,

My name is Kate Weaver. My husband, Eric, and I were a part of South Fellowship before your family arrived there. We have since moved to Iowa where Eric is pastoring a church. (Eric has a deep fondness for your father-in-law, Craig.)

We have followed your story in recent months and pray for you as the Lord leads.

I came across this song today and the Lord brought you to mind. Hope it blesses and offers hope.

http://www.youtube.com/user/christawellsmusic?blend=9&ob=5#p/u/0/pIv3rGa5pAQ

With Love~
Kate Weaver

Christy Bullock said...

Tricia, I ran across your blog through someone else that follows you, and it caught my attention. I also have 2 sons, who we named Tyler and Tucker. So when I saw your blog name, I had to check it out. Our Tyler is the oldest, 8, and our Tucker is the youngest, 5, and it seems his birthday is close to your Tucker's. It is Sept. 8. I just found these things coincidental, I guess. Then I got to reading about you and a few posts about your life. Perhaps God led me to your blog...I don't know. But know that there will be another person praying for you now in your journey. I will pray for you and think of you raising your Tucker and Tyler as I am raising my Tyler and Tucker. I don't know if I could catch up on all of your blog posts, but I will begin following, and I pray that the Lord uses you in an awesome way, especially in the lives of your 2 boys.

Christy Bullock