Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Search and Rescue

We went out for lunch today. The first time in 19 days. Wendy's.

It was a bumpy lunch, but we did it. Their new style of french fries are food for the soul, I promise you.

On our way back to the car, Tucker dropped his kid's meal toy in the parking lot. It rolled under a car.

He stood there in the snow, frozen in shock, his eyes welling with tears. "My toy."

I knelt in the gray slush, and I crawled under the car. My knees and gloves were soaked. The toy was barely worth a dime.

But I reached it.

We couldn't bear to lose one more thing.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

We don't know one another, Tricia. Your mother was a professor of mine at Denver Seminary, and I think she is divine.

I just want you to know that every day I lift you and your precious boys up in prayer. You are covered with prayer.

I read your blog, and I am certain you are an amazing mommy.

Praying for you today... and tomorrow...
Rachael S.

The Kennedy Krew said...

I love you!!

everythingismeowsome said...

I don't blame you at all. I know you would crawl through fire for them. They know it too. You are a wonderful mother.

Anonymous said...

It has not ceased to amaze me what ends we go to for our children.

Lori Hefner Marshall said...

Tricia, we have not had the opportunity to meet. I was friends with your parents at Ohio Baptist Acres. I see so much of your parents in you and your precious sons. I have been linked to you through Sherri Scheetz and am following every word you speak. You have an amazing gift of words. Know that those words reach far and wide and humble us to our knees. You are in thoughts and prayers of people you have and may never meet.