Monday, January 24, 2011

Mascara

I make funny faces when I put on mascara. (And I challenge the world to introduce me to one girl whose mouth doesn't hang open in contortions while she's painting her lashes.)

Robb used to sneak up behind me and mimic my face in the mirror. Then he would put his arms around my waist and watch while I applied the details of my face for the day.

And then he often reminded me that there was really no reason for makeup, that I should only wear it if I wanted to. (But I always wanted to.)

I remembered that today. I can't quite remember his voice, but I remembered that.

Vividly.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I actually do not open my mouth when I apply mascara, but I do lift my eyebrows! Peace & blessings dear one.

Mrs. MK said...

sweet memories...
I'm heartbroken that you can't remember his voice...

carolinagirl said...

Tricia--I heard about you and your family from a mutual friend--Jen and Jason Malone. I grew up with Jason and our families still get together. Jason's dad just sent me your blog and I have spent most of my evening reading, crying, laughing (poop story, mascara, etc) and praying for you and your boys. I'm glad to be able to put a name with a picture now that I know you have a blog. Praying God's faithfulness for you today.
Amy

Melissa said...

It's been scientifically proven that those funny faces help keep us from blinking and stabbing ourselves in the eyeball with the mascara wand. :-)

You and your sweet boys are in my prayers.

Terry said...

i think this is so cute that robb after mimicking your face, would slip his arms around your waist...what a sweet memory tricia...with love, terry

his voice and his sweet words will be forever in your heart!