Monday, August 17, 2009

Tomorrow. Try Again.

God,

I fear I was not a great mom today.

You have given these children to me, and I have not loved them well today.

I have been
impatient,
unkind,
critical.

I cannot believe what I have said, neither the words nor the tone. It was a hard day.

Please, God, let them be resilient. Let them remember the story books, band-aids, kisses, hugs, meals, and love. Please.

I am hard on myself. But this job is so important. I have to do it well.

I can only do it in your grace and strength. Please, Lord, help.

Thank you for your love and mercy. I can't live a day without you.

Please refresh me in my sleep. Tomorrow is a new day. Help me to love them well.

~
He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms,
and carries them close to his heart;
He gently leads those that have young.
Isaiah 40:11
~
Please, God. Please.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Amen and amen. Can I print this out and post it on my mirror?