Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Snow Hike

Yesterday brought a very unexpected snowstorm, and the ground was covered with a few inches of snow when we woke up in the morning.


For most of the city, this presented quite a hazard, and people all over town struggled with their commute. (And believe me, I was thankful not to have my own familiar 41 mile commute from my teaching days...) We settled in for a stay-at-home day, which often presents a few hazards of its own. Basically, I'm just not good at them.

When we were all getting a little cramped, needing some fresh air and a change of scenery, I declared a Snow Hike. I bundled us all, and we braved the elements into the front yard.
The whole thing lasted about 34 seconds. Tyler got some snow in his mittens, and it was time to call it a day. Truly, we spent more time getting ready for the outside than we actually spent outside. In his defense, he wasn't the only one finished with the plan. Tucker didn't argue, and I wasn't disappointed.

It turns out, I much prefer to be the mom who waits inside and prepares hot cocoa.

No comments: