Friday, January 16, 2009

Hurry! It's Naptime!

Naptime is mine. And it's never long enough. I am only just now learning to use it effectively: it is not about time management but rest management. I must fill that time with the things the fuel me, the things I cannot do when the little men are awake. No laundry, dishes, or vacuuming. I can do that when they are around, underfoot.

I find myself rushing to relax. Hurry, hurry, hurry! They may wake up at any time, and then it's all done for the day. So relax. Now. Hurry.

Today, I even ignored my own needs to go to the bathroom. Who has time for that?

I sit here - reading, writing, collecting ideas, and doing it all with this jittery feeling, as if I can't do it fast enough.

(I'm not sure that's the point. But I'm doing it as fast as I can.)

No comments: