Friday, November 21, 2008

Good Times at McDonald's

We had a play date at McDonald's today. I would rate it a tremendous success... despite the following issues:

...It's a no-shoes zone, but Tucker really, really wanted to be barefoot. Every time I turned around, he was handing me his socks. And then I was putting them back on his little feet. I am not a germophobe, but I do have my limits. No little piggies on that scummy floor.

...I captured them both before they exited the playground with plans to order a second course.

...Tyler ate someone else's half-eaten chicken nugget off the floor. That one also brought me out of my seat, with my hand under his chin, asking him to fork over the chicken. He obeyed, but I'm pretty sure the damage was already done.

...Upon hearing the undeniable sound of my child's frantic cries, I high-tailed to the top of the PlayLand to rescue Tyler. He had climbed all the way to the top, only to change his mind about going down the slide...but now there was a bottleneck of children far braver than he, ready to make their way down. And now I was among them. It's snug up there, let me tell you. We hooched and scooched our way back down, and he kept his feet on the ground after that trauma. That was a highlight.

...Both of my children had blowout diaper situations. So, you know, that's fun.

In the midst of it all (or somehow one decibel above it), I caught up with a sweet friend and fellow mom in the ranks with two boys. And, the McCafe Iced Mocha gets a thumbs up.

See? Tremendous success.

No comments: