Friday, October 3, 2008

This Looks Familiar...

I happened on to a new Goodwill store nearby, and it is stellar. It is the collection site for a high end part of town, so it is filled with the hand-me-downs of people far wealthier than me who simply decide they are done with their Gap, Banana Republic, and Ann Taylor castoffs. They send them away to the lesser folk of our community, and I then buy their jeans for $3.99.

It's quite a deal, in every sense of the word. It is both an agreeable arrangement and an amazing bargain.

When I told Robb about it, he said, "Well, that's great. Shop away. Just please, please, please don't buy back anything we've already donated to them."

I wish I could say that's a ridiculous assumption. But I have indeed been known to see something on those racks that I dearly love, I'm sure I'll wear, and I thereby purchase... only to realize that I dearly loved it once before.

I am my own revolving door, it turns out.

No comments: