Thursday, September 25, 2008

Slow Down That Train.

Tucker has a new word, and it's one of my favorites: Thanks.

But when he says it, it sounds like Synkes.

When I poured him a drink today, he said, "Synkes, Mommy."

When Tyler shared his bread with Tucker, he said, Synkes, brudder."

When I pushed the button to make the van's side door close automatically, he said, "Synkes, door."

I love it.

But I do not love this: "Synkes, Mom."

Wait just a minute there, mister. I am Mommy to you, for at least two more years. I do not prefer a nickname, but rather my God-given full name that I received when you were born: Mommy.

Yesterday, I kissed him on the cheek. I just couldn't help myself; he's lucky I didn't take a bite out of those edible cheeks.

You know what he said? "Hey. Don't kiss me, Mom."

Nope. I will. And you'll call me Mommy. And that's how it's going to work until further notice.

1 comment:

Sherie said...

Yes, from the time they are born we are helping them develop roots and wings. Sometimes it is so hard to encourage the development of those wings!! It happens oh so fast.