Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Poppy Sunshine

A friend of mine has a new niece named Poppy Sunshine.

Yep. That's right. No, her last name isn't Sunshine... that's her middle name. Poppy Sunshine.

My friend told me that her sister said nobody ever uses your middle name, so it doesn't matter what it is.

Except, there is one person who uses your middle name: your mother, when she's angry. And it's hard to say Poppy Sunshine in an angry voice.

Try it.

See? You just can't sound mad when you say Poppy Sunshine.

My friend told me this was the better alternative of their second choice: Poppy Ladybug.

I would agree.

1 comment:

my3boys said...

I know a girl whose first name is Sunshine (middle name Nicole--hey like you!). Her nicknames are "Shiney Nickle" and "Shiner Bock" (which is a kind of beer, I think). Nice huh?