Monday, January 21, 2008

I've Been Tagged!

Robin tagged me, and I tag Alli and Nicole!


Okay, so here are the most intriguing things I'm sure you have been dying to know about me. Thanks to Robin's tag, you get to know my innermost workings.


I give you money and send you into the grocery store to pick up 5 items. You can only pick one thing from the following departments. What is it?

(Note: the following answers assume that I am not thinking as a parent but rather as a self-indulgent shopper who is not pregnant. If I must be pregnant in the scenario, well then, all bets are off. There is no reasoning with a pregnant woman at the grocery store.)

1. Produce: I would skip the produce. No thanks. (To quote my friend Brad, it's great to be an adult; produce is optional.)
2. Bakery: Oh, where do I begin?? Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, no walnuts. And a fresh muffin. (I would use my produce budget in the bakery department.)
3. Meat: bacon-wrapped filet
4. Frozen: Two words: ice cream.
5. Dry goods: Something fun and seaonal from the promotional aisle. I love a good seasonal item.



Let's say we're heading out for a weekend getaway. You're only allowed to bring 3 articles of CLOTHING with you. So, what's in your bag?

Who is with me on this fun weekend? Because, for example, my bag for a weekend away with my husband would contain very different articles than a bag for a weekend with the girlfriends... hmmm. Or do I get to know who's going to be there? Is it a total surprise? 'Cause I LOVE surprises! I shall plan carefully.

1. Jeans - versatile for all occasions
2. Long-sleeved t-shirt - to dress up or dress down
3. My black boots. Yep. That's right. Gotta have the boots.



Task you wish you were better at doing:
Cooking creatively



Celebrity you wish you looked like:
Miss Piggy



If I listened in on one of your conversations throughout the day, what 5 phrases or words would I be most likely to hear?

  1. "Tucker, please be gentle with Tyler. I'm not sure he likes that. See the look on his face? That's not fun for him."
  2. "Mommy has treats for little boys who obey."
  3. "Tucker, would you like _____ or ______?" Followed by Tucker's hand on his chin, and his thoughtful, "Hmmm. Oh!" Every choice requires thought for Tucker, and then he is delighted to declare his decision, which is often choice C, not originally on the list.
  4. Lots of singing, singing, singing. Lots of it. I might drive you crazy with all the singing.
  5. "Can Mommy have a kiss? Thanks, buddy. I sure do love you."

So, what 3 things do you find yourself doing every single day, and if you didn't get to do, you probably wouldn't be in the best mood?
  1. Kiss my boys (the two short ones or the tall handsome one)
  2. Talk to my mom on the phone.
  3. Four letters: B-L-O-G.

What 5 places do you visit roughly every week?
  1. My parents' house
  2. Denver Seminary
  3. Aspen Grove Community Church
  4. WalMart or King Soopers
  5. My basement

If you were to shop at three stores for a whole year to supply your wardrobe, and money was not an issue, which 3 would it be?
  1. Ann Taylor
  2. Eddie Bauer
  3. Coldwater Creek

You just scored tickets to the taping of the TV show of your choice. You can pick between 4, so what are you deciding between?
  1. Oprah - preferably with a bonus lunch with her afterward, to discuss our favorite books and to help her see that we could have a mutually enjoyable friendship.
  2. The Amazing Race - especially if I could tag along with Phil and tell some deserving team that had won America's hearts that they had not been eliminated.
  3. Jon and Kate +8 - Because I think those kids are stinkin' adorable, and Kate is very real and fun (albeit stressed out), and I have a desire in my heart for a set of multiples. (But not six of them.)
  4. Jay Leno. Just because he's funny. And I would want him to have some great guests on... nobody political, but someone funny.


You're hungry for ice cream. I'll give you a triple dipper ice cream cone. What 3 flavors can I pile on for ya?
  1. Mint Chocolate Chip
  2. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup
  3. Chocolate Raspberry Truffle

Can I have them in three separate bowls, please? Not so much into the mint-raspberry-peanut butter combo, but those are still my favorites. Maybe just give me a spoon and let me see which sounds best. (Is this supposed to be a stressful experience??)

Somebody stole your purse… in order to get it back, you have to name 5 things you know are inside to claim it. So, what's in there?
  1. Pilot pens... I could name five items just by listing the various colors. You just never know when you'll need a green pen. Or a purple one. Or turquoise. Or red. Need I go on?
  2. My cell phone, in the locked position to keep toddler fingers from incessantly speed-dialing Uncle Rob.
  3. My purple binder of coupons
  4. Mango Mandarin hand cream - the glorious nectar of Bath and Body Works
  5. My notebook - with endless lists of neat to-do's, errands, blog topics, email correspondence, and groceries.
If you could go back and talk to the old you, when you were in high school, and inform yourself of 4 things, what would you say?
  1. Don't worry about the boy whom you think is the one. He's not. You get to marry someone who is a great listener, wonderfully romantic, endlessly responsible, and totally into you. Not to mention, he's already in college.
  2. Don't get too attached to your parents' house, which you truly intend to buy and live in forever. Turns out, life is bigger than Green, Ohio.
  3. You know those dreams you have of being a teacher? You'll be one. Stop worrying.
  4. Hold on tight to Melissa White. She's a keeper.


And there you have it.

No comments: