Tuesday, January 15, 2008

First Costco... now Walmart?

I really am not a terribly routinized person. Truly.

But doggonit, I really like for my groceries to be where they were the last time I shopped for them. Is that really too much to ask?

My errand-running friend and I searched the world over to find applesauce at Costco, all to no avail. I have heard theories that Costco actually moves things just to break up their patrons' routines, thereby introducing them to things they might have not otherwise seen, but will now impulsively buy. I get that, sort of. But the applesauce? C'mon!

And now, I have been victimized by WalMart as well. My closest Wally World is growing into a SuperWalmart, and they are in transition between the normal and the plus-size store right now. This only means that everything in the blasted store is very s-p-r-e-a-d-----o-u-t.

So what should have been a 15 minute in-and-out stop turned into an hour, when I couldn't find the things I really, really needed.

Give me a break, people. Of all the things I can count on in the world, Costco and WalMart should be on the list.

No comments: