Monday, December 24, 2007

The Night Before Christmas

I have always loved Christmas.

When I was a little girl, I used to quietly feel sorry for my parents on Christmas morning, since they received so fewer gifts than my brother and me, and their gifts were usually socks, earrings, or the occasional cassette tape. Bummer for them, I thought.

But now, as a parent myself, I think I get the best deal of all. Children lay sleepless in bed, filled with excitement, anticipation, and hope for what's under the tree.

But we parents get to sleep soundly, knowing that tomorrow will be one terrific day when we get to make our children smile all day long. We know what's under the tree, and we've chosen and wrapped every single thing with such care and love for our children. Sure, their gifts outnumber mine exponentially, but that's the best part... tomorrow, I get to give, give, give.

I love Christmas.

No comments: