Tuesday, November 27, 2007

No More Long Hair

When Robb met me, I had long, flowing hair that fell in curly tendrils down my back. He loved it. He claims it was one of the reasons he fell in love with me.

I don't have it anymore.
My long hair has gone the way of many other pre-parent things, along with sleeping in, impromptu weekend getaways, and adult conversation over dinner.

I am confident that the late sleeping, the weekend getaways, and the uninterrupted chatting will return someday, but I am not nearly so sure about the long hair. I think it is gone for good.

Robb says he is beginning to believe my long hair was a "bait and switch." I'm sorry to disappoint, but I just don't have time for it anymore. With at least one child fussing and the other getting into something he shouldn't, I needed something in my life to take less time. The hair had to go.

And now that I've gotten a taste of the freedom and timesaving advantages of short hair, I think it's here to stay. At least for now.

3 comments:

chopkins said...

I must say I do love the short hair look on you. I know this must have been a breaking point for you- to get rid of the long hair. Yet, you are probably not surprised that me of all people like the look of short hair!!!!

Tricia said...

Not surprised one bit. You are the short hair QUEEN!

Nicole said...

you look great! now just don't go all jamie lee curtis on me;)