Friday, November 2, 2007

My Little Dudes

I spent some time at the park today, with my kids and a very close friend of mine, who happens to be expecting a little person of her own. We chatted about many, many things while Tucker ran about and Tyler snuggled under the blanket in the arms of my friend.

She said, "Tricia, your kids are so stinkin' cute. I just love them."

"I do, too. I really do. I think they're pretty handsome, if I do say so myself."

"Seriously, they are. They are going to be such handsome young men. Seriously (she says this word a lot), they are going to be the ones that all the moms want their kids to invite over. They'll say, 'You want to have a friend over? How about Tucker or Tyler?' Or, 'Who have you thought about dating? How about one of those handsome boys?' Seriously."

This same friend, on another day, said, "If I ever have a daughter, I am totally going to want to hook her up with one of your boys when she grows up. Seriously, for sure."

I can't think of a greater compliment.

No comments: