Saturday, November 17, 2007

He Called My Name!!

Yep. That's right: Tucker called for me!

He has spoken had different variations of Mommy throughout the last few weeks, all of which I was willing to accept since I knew he meant me, and since I so desperately wanted him to say my name. Well this week, my prayers were answered. Quite literally.

We were doing some Christmas shopping with my mom while Robb was out of town, and I was strolling ahead with Ty while Tucker held Grandma's hand. Suddenly from behind, I heard this sweet little voice: "Mah... mee?"

Mommy! I stopped in my tracks. I will turn around for that voice any day of the week. I scooped him up, Grandma took the little one in the stroller, and we skipped and sang Jingle Bells the rest of the way to the car.

He said it!

That's all I really wanted for Christmas.

1 comment:

Sherie said...

Yeah!!! It is pretty wonderful to have your child call your name. You have waited a long time. What a special gift!!! I am thrilled for you.