Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Food Network

I'm in love with the Food Network.

If I could choose only one channel of all the networks in all of the world, that would be my choice.

After last night's viewing, I am thinking of adding this to my list of life goals:
to be a contestant in the Pillsbury Bake-Off.

This is not because I have an extensive list of recipes I have invented (with or without General Mills products), and it is not because I truly think I could win the million, though it would be nice.

I would love to do it because I could rub elbows with the best and say I was a contestant on the Food Network. It's probably the closest I will ever come to a real, live Food Network Challenge.

But, oh, how I would love to be one to create and carry a 60 pound cake from one table to the next, while the audience chewed their nails in fear that I might drop the masterpiece I whipped together in less than 4 hours. That would be my moment.

And, by the way, Season's Eatings.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I had to scurry over here and comment right back because I, too saw the Pillsbury Bake-Off.

And fantasized about winning.

Maybe next year.

I am actually less interested in winning than I am in eating all of the winning entries. Although a million bucks would be mighty nice.

I would definitely enter the baking category. Not sure if I'll attempt the waffley stuffing that won.

But some of those cakes looked DIVINE.

my3boys said...

Hey Trisha,
Did you know that they film lots of the Challenges here in the metro area? Sometimes they advertise for audience members in the Rocky Mountain News. Maybe you could get close enough to rub elbows with someone famous without actually doing any work! Just a thought...

Tricia said...

I did not know that! I will keep me eye on that golden opportunity... and who are you, anonymous mother of three boys?

my3boys said...

Oops! It's Dana Frerich. :)