Friday, November 2, 2007

Diaper, anyone?

So.

I went into Tucker's room to get him up from his nap this afternoon. He was already awake, and he had been standing at the gate in the doorway, waiting ever-so-patiently for me. When I walked into his room, he went straight to his dresser to hand me a diaper.

It was a dirty one. Not a dirty one, but one that had been used already, for sure. Hmmmm, I thought. Did I forget to throw this one away?

And that's when I realized: there was a little bare bottom underneath his long t-shirt.

He had taken his diaper off. Grrrrrreat. (Please don't hear Tony the Tiger in that word. Insetad, hear a mom who cannot believe this has happened. I may have to resort to wrapping duct tape around his waist before naptimes.)

Thankfully, there were virtually no messes to clean up in his bed or the surrounding area, which is a gift straight from the Lord...and perhaps a clue that potty training isn't as far away as I had thought.

So NOT a skill I was ready for him to learn.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hmmm... I'm glad you got out of this incident scot-free. But hear my voice booming and swollen with experience: "This is the beginning of the end."