Friday, November 2, 2007

Buy the Jeep.

A few weeks ago, a good friend came from Ohio to spend a few days with me while Robb was traveling. She was a tremendous delight, and she helped lighten the "mom duties."

As we traveled around town during her four days here, my friend pointed out every single Jeep that crossed our path. She was ever aware of their presence on the road, and she admired each one we met along the way.

Mind you, she drives a Saturn.

I finally asked her, "So, why don't you get a Jeep?"

She said, "What if I don't like it, once I get it?"

"You could test drive one, just to make sure it's a good fit."

"But what if I get it, and then I want a different car?"

"Well, you could decide in your heart that if you indulge and buy yourself your dream car, you will be content. You could just decide to like it, and you could get the car you love so much."

She thought about it, and we talked more about it, and she pointed out more of them as we drove all over town, visiting some of the best things Denver has to offer.

As far as I know, she still drives the Saturn, but she is probably still envying every Jeep driver in America.

Life is short. Buy the Jeep.

No comments: