Monday, October 29, 2007

Rendezvous at Naptime

Robb came home early this afternoon, just after the boys had gone down for their naps. As we sorted through the mail and chatted about the day's events, we both got... "munchie."

Robb said, "I'll tell you what: you go check on the boys, and meet me back here in two minutes. I'll have a snack for us."

And just like that, two minutes later, we were standing at the kitchen counter, sharing tortilla chips and our very favorite queso. We ate the chips right out of the bag, double-dipped them right into the queso container, and shared a diet Pepsi from the same glass.

It was so fun. So spontaneous. So delicious. So romantic. I loved it.

And that's how I know I'm a mother: when what I want to do most during naptime is enjoy a good chat and yummy snack with my husband, without anyone small asking for a piece of the attention or the chips.

It was heavenly.

No comments: