Saturday, October 6, 2007

New Words

Tuck has made a few more strides with language this week:
  • My dad was changing Tyler and singing to him, "Tyler! Tyler! Tyler!" Tucker joined in, saying, "Ty! Ty! Ty!"
  • When Tyler is sleeping, Tucker reminds us to be quiet; he holds a finger up to his mouth and says, "Ssssss."
  • We visited the mall one day during this week in Ohio, and Tucker stayed so busy in a kids' play area, complete with a fire truck, helicopter, ice cream truck, and a spaceship. He leaned out the ice cream truck and yelled, "Beep! Beep!"
  • Tucker saw himself in a mirror, and my mom said, "There's Tucker in the mirror. Say hi, Tucker!" He waved to himself and said, "Ta-ta!" That's his first attempt at his own name.

It can still be emotional for me to spend time with other children who are Tucker's age, especially when they are talking circles around him, or better yet, having conversations with their moms (the milestone I most look forward to).

But then I remind myself to look back at the progress we've made, and I remember to take this journey one day at a time. We'll get there.

No comments: