Saturday, September 15, 2007

Let's give it a shot...

Okay. You got me. Here I am. I have officially become a Blogger. I am told this is both an exciting and addicting hobby, and I am ready to give it a shot.

Why, you might ask? Well, there are many reasons.

At my very core, I am two things: a teacher and a writer.

I must write. That's all there is to it. It's like an itch I have to scratch - there is no ignoring it. I believe this will be my outlet, and I will write as often as I can about as much as I choose, letting the writer in me run free.

I am also a teacher. It is not just an occupation to me... it is part of who I am. I taught full-time in an elementary classroom before my children were born, and now I my classroom is my home. I spend my days teaching my two little boys, which is how I came to name the blog: Teaching Tuck and Ty. There is so much happening in my life everyday that is, at the very least, worth reflecting upon, to see what I can learn about myself, my boys, or my life. I know the value of journaling to immortalize moments, document events, and to sort through emotions, but I am not so committed to my writing unless I have an audience.

That's where you come in, my friends and family all over the country. This blog will allow me to do many things at once:

  • It will serve as my outlet to write - this will be my journal to reflect on the many somethings that make up my day as a stay-at-home Mom.
  • It will enable me to keep you updated on the curious and (sometimes hilarious) developments of Tucker and Tyler.
  • It will encourage me to write down the things that I otherwise might have forgotten, and believe me: these days are with my little men are priceless. I don't want to let them go, and this will help me keep them forever.
  • It will... well, who knows what else? The possibilities are endless, and I am so excited to get started.

Feel free to drop in now and then, and I will hope to engage you in something new that's on my mind. Join me, will you?

3 comments:

Polly said...

Count me in! I've been listening to whatever was on your mind for about 28 years now, and it has always been worth the investment of my time and energy. Can't wait to see what's next!
I love you!
~ Your Mom

Your Brother From The Same Mother said...

Sure. Why not? I think you're pretty cool.

sharon said...

How exciting--one more wonderful avenue to get to know our great nephews even better.
Aunt Sharon